I interview a person that I know that lives in my country
because I feel she is an example of a successful person. She started selling
swimsuit for girls. However the most interesting thing about this is that she
makes the swimming suits. Mahogany goes to your house and designs the swimsuits
just like the customer wants. Also, she always takes with her the materials to
show her customers how the swimsuits will be made. This is an advantage because
her customers tell her directly how they want their swimsuits done. I
interviewed her and she agrees with me that it is very important to understand
the 20 percent because nowadays there is a lot of competition in the market and
for success firms have to study their customers. For Mahogany, her 20 percent
are girls between 10-40 years old she has worked for many girls over the past 4
years. She thinks her 20 percent are a girl between 15-26.She has done a page
in Facebook showing her work and also in instagram. Social media nowadays helps
people promote their products. I asked what she made to know her 20 percent and
she told me that is has been easy for her because she has a lot of friends.
Moreover, her friends told their friends and that is how her work became a success.
Girls started to call her and she become more famous. In summer season, she
needs help because her work is not only selling the product, but she also makes
it. In a future, she plans and finding people that could help her make the
sminsuits.
What a great business idea! This reminds me of a gym I went to when I was younger and one of the grandmothers designed leotards for the gymnasts at reasonable prices. I enjoyed reading your post and you highlighting the importance of social media in the success of businesses nowadays.
ReplyDeletehere is my page : http://mysemesterinent3003.blogspot.com/
I think this is a really cool and trending business idea nowadays- I've seen other ones just like it. However, I think you strayed a bit from the questions we were supposed to ask. I was expecting more of a video or an interview format. Also, you were supposed to go out and interview 3 target customers. I probably sound so annoying but it might be more helpful to you for future reference! But like I said, I do think it's a cool idea and you guys seemed to be in sync about what you thought was ideal.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great business idea and extremely relevant in a culture where everyone wants things customized. However, I think you misread the directions! I was looking for an audio recording or video recordings of interviews from atleast 3 people but I didn't see any. Feedback from customers would have been great for this idea.
ReplyDeleteyou can check out my blog post here! http://darby95.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-twenty-percent.html
Hey Natalie!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I really loved the business idea of the custom swimsuits, I know i personally love anything that has to do with fashion! Aside from that, great job on explaining the importance of analyzing the 20% for the customers and the competition in the market. Also, great job for being one of the few people who put in that extra 10% of effort to get this assignment done.