My name is Natalie Dajbura I’m from Bolivia a country
located in South America. My aspirations are to find a job that I will be
passionate for. To be very honest the only thing I know is that I want to do
something business related. My idea is based in problems that occur
repetitively to students. The problem was that many students forget their
assignments in canvas. The idea is to create an app that will be synchronized
with canvas that will constantly remind students their assignments due. This
would be an advantage for many students that take online courses. However,
nowadays most assignments are turned in on webpages like canvas. I know
students would pay for the app because I’m a student and most students have
forgotten their assignments. Moreover, the interview proved me that this is a
major problem for students and many of them told me that they would definitely
buy the app .The app has to be very effective and easy to manage. Also, the
price has to be in a point where the consumers will be willing to pay for because
the whole point was to help students not take advantage of their problem.I think this elements will fit together because this a a huge problem students face everyday.As a student, I know that many of them have activities like work,other courses,or are even part of an organizations and they need to manage their time wisely.However, this app helps students manage their time ,and at the end the procrastination days will be over.
Hey there Natalie!
ReplyDeleteI think that's such an awesome idea. I think for classes like this specifically which are so dense in the number of assignments due, an app to help manage the class would be invaluable. I think if it could sync not only to Canvas, but also your smart phone/tablet/PC calendar that would be great as well. Additionally, Microsoft Outlook has a great "alarm" feature that reminds me of meetings for work constantly, and has kept me out of trouble often, so maybe a similar "alarm/reminder" feature incorporated into your app could help too. You're awesome and you have a wonderful idea. Best of luck to you!
I think that your idea is great especially because this is a problem that I have myself when it comes to assignments. Classes that have many assignments due within a week make it hard to remember which assignment id due when and I think your app can really help with that problem. I know that if your app was to remind people in increments up until the assignment is due it would also make it helpful. Very good idea that you have that could cause a lot of grades to come up for most people. Check my blog out at http://markemiablogs.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
ReplyDeleteAnything that would help to get assignments done and turned in on time would be a big help. There certainly must be other students out there that would be interested in finding a way to not forget that assignments are due. The aspect that interested me was the constantly (but not too constantly) part to remind you of upcoming assignments that are due.
ReplyDeleteHere’s where you can find my blog http://princeofentrepbyme.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html