Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Very Short Interview, Part 2

Over a mounth ago, I interviewed Ricardo Abuawad who started his own business with help from nobody. He is the creator of the most consumed cookies in Bolivia called “Mabels”, and then after more then 10 years of experience in the factory he decided to sell his factory to NestlĂ©. I interviewed him and asked three questions.The question where “What do you wish you had been taught in school before setting out on your own path as an entrepreneur? “ “What do you think I should learn in an entrepreneurship course?” and What does it mean to be an entrepreneur? At this point the questions are very simple for me because I have learn too much in this class.
I talked again with Ricardo and asked him 3 other questions

1.What motivated you to become successful over the years ?
What motivated me to become successful personally is my family. I began this business to provide a better future for my children.
2.What do you think about success can it be just good luck or do you think it is all hard work ?
In my case, it was not luck I really worked hard for what I have today.Maybe some people can call it luck ; however, I don’t think it is that way and I’m pretty sure that a lot of sucesful people will tell you the same thing.
3.Over the years, the market has grown a lot and there are a lot of competitors.Nowadays, what kind of business do you  think can bring a lot of opportunities?
Personally, I think that nowadays technology has become something very important and people are more dependent on it.Also, social media is expanding tremendously. New entrepenurs made their business based 100% con technology and social media.



Over time, I have gained more confidence when talking about entrapenurship. This class gave me tools to understand more about how the market works and that the failures can become in opportunities

3 comments:

  1. I also became more confident this time talking to my entrepreneur. You also picked a very interesting entrepreneur to interview! Seems like he really helped you in your understanding of entrepreneurship and gave you really good insight.

    You can check out my blog at this link! http://darby95.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie. This one caught my eye especially because I love cookies and trying ones from all of the world. I also saw that your entrepreneur sold his factory to Nestle. My venture idea is similar in that I would probably sell my patent to a large company like Smuckers or Peter Pan so this was good to read. I also agree with him in that it isn't really luck in becoming successful as a lot of people who are successful had a very difficult road to get where they are. Things don't just fall into your hands. Good luck on your venture! I unfortunately didn't get to complete the assignment so I don't have a blog post to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, I think you did a great job with this activity and it looks like it had a similar impact on both of us. I was also much more confident this go-around when talking to my interview subject and it allowed for us to have a more natural conversation instead of just having straight Q&A. Great job, and feel free to check out my blog post here: http://jakesmithent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete